A Hamilton woman in her 80’s is recovering from burns she received trying to put out a fire in her downtown apartment.
Emergency crews were called to the 14th floor of the seniors’ high rise on Strathcona near York Boulevard Tuesday.
The careless disposal of a cigarette lead to a smoke filled apartment and she tried to put out the fire in her sofa.
She suffered smoke inhalation and burns to her back.
Damage has been set at 15-thousand dollars.
In an unrelated incident, a father and his two sons are safe after a fire this morning in their Flamborough home.
It started at about 3 o’clock this morning on Concession 8 East.
Hamilton fire officials say it’s too early to know how the fire started or determine the amount of damage.