A carbon monoxide detector is getting credit for alerting a father and daughter to potentially dangerous levels of the gas in their home.
The Hamilton Fire Department responded to a home in Waterdown yesterday where they found elevated readings as high as 150ppm (parts per million).
Continuous exposure at that level can cause serious health issues in as little as four hours. Luckily the father and daughter didn’t require any medical treatment.
The Hamilton Fire Department is reminding residents to install at least one carbon monoxide detector in your home outside of the sleeping area.
If the alarm activates everyone should be evacuated immediately and 911 should be called.