It’s time to declare war on the evil tow truck industry, again. Why?
The battle was never finished.
Remember a couple of years ago there was lots of brew hahha about unscrupulous tow truck drivers who would rob you blind while you sat vulnerably on the side of the road? That’s’ about 25% of them says their association, the other 75% are honourable..
Remember how they would hitch up your car and take it to their body shop without ever explaining it to you or answering your questions about rates or extra charges?
Remember the stories of dragging cars to pounds who refused to release your vehicle until you coughed up ‘their’ fee?
Remember that these modern day flim flam men have no special licensing, laws, rates, guidelines or regulations to follow?
Imagine if our cab companies were run this way?
Many have tried to regulate the industry and agree it should be regulated.
Unfortunately this is just another piece of legislation to fall by the way side, a victim itself of self-indulgent politicians who constantly waste our time and money delaying or proroguing governments, and never get anything done in fear of losing popularity.
Perhaps this time they’ll actually get it done.
I’m Scott Thompson.
Tuesday on The Scott Thompson Show!
-Do you go both ways, or only one way? The Hammer street debate continues.
Your calls at noon. 905-645-3221 email@example.com