Seems that the old Drive Clean program, originally designed when vehicles were much less efficient than they are now, has been nothing more than a revenue generating cash cow for the Liberals for years. For this they have dropped the price $5.
By the way, ask your local mechanic how many thousands of dollars they had to re-invest in this scam in the last couple of years alone to upgrade.
The program was also designed to be revenue neutral instead of another means for the Liberals to steal your money all under the guise of ‘Green energy’..
Less than 5% of tested vehicles fail therefore the other 95% are pure profit.
Even the Supreme Court of Canada is frowning on its use to collect more money with little effect on the environment as touted.
The sad thing is this money could have been used for transit and infrastructure upgrades, but instead is just used to stuff Liberal coffers.
No wonder everyone is sceptical when the Liberals come with hat in hand asking for more tax dollars.
Perhaps they should better designate what they have already stolen from us.
I’m Scott Thompson.
Thursday on The Scott Thompson Show!
-Why are teachers off on Friday? Will we ever get a straight answer?