Dryer Fire Leaves Hamilton Family Homeless

Hamilton, ON, Canada / AM900 CHML | Hamilton News
Dryer Fire Leaves Hamilton Family Homeless

What started out as a dryer fire has left an East Mountain family looking for a new home.

The family was burned out of their basement apartment after the fire started about the noon hour yesterday in a home in the Upper Kennilworth and Fennell area.

A 56 year old woman lived there with her daughter and four grandsons.

The fire spread to the rest of the basement and while firefighters got it under control quickly there was a lot of water damage.

The Red Cross is helping them find shelter for the next couple of days, while they find another place to live.


Leave a Reply