Cause for the Fire in Hamilton’s Tallest Building

Hamilton, ON, Canada / AM900 CHML | Hamilton News
Cause for the Fire in Hamilton's Tallest Building

Someone may be considering quitting smoking after the careless disposal of a cigarette sparked a 60 thousand dollar fire in Hamilton’s tallest building.

Hamilton’s fire service sent 13 units to battle the fire in an apartment on the 16th  floor of Landmark Place on Main East at Catherine Tuesday night.

It’s not clear if the cigarette butt belonged to the tenant or if it was flicked from a balcony above.

It’s unknown when the tenant can return home.


Leave a Reply