Spontaneous combustion is believed to be the cause of a fire at a Hamilton recycling centre.
Firefighters were called to the facility on Lake Avenue North at around 3:30 Wednesday morning.
The 15-thousand square foot recycling centre holds about 2-hundred tons of what is known as “Class A” garbage, normal household and industrial waste.
Firefighters are pulling out the garbage and soaking it “a bucket at a time.”
Fire Chief Paul Bloomfield say there is no concern for public health because none of the waste is plastic.
No one was injured in the fire.