Summer officially arrives at 6:34 p.m. Monday, and it’s coming in hot.
A Heat Warning is in effect for Hamilton, Burlington and much of Southern Ontario as temperatures rise above the 30 degree plateau.
Environment Canada says high humidity will make it feel like 40 today.
But some relief from the stifling heat is on the way.
A cold front will bring scattered showers and thunderstorms later today, followed by more seasonal temperatures Tuesday.
CLICK HERE to see how the City of Hamilton can help you beat the heat.
While heat can put everyone at risk from heat illnesses, health risks are greatest for
– older adults
– infants and young children
– people with chronic illnesses such as breathing difficulties, heart conditions or psychiatric illnesses
– people who work in the heat
– people who exercise in the heat
– homeless people
– people without access to air conditioning
Drink plenty of liquids, especially water, before you feel thirsty to decrease your risk of dehydration.