Hamilton fire officials are out with a warning to never mix household cleaners.
The warning comes after a woman was rushed to hospital Tuesday afternoon when she was found on the ground outside her Oriole Crescent townhouse struggling to breath.
Hamilton fire spokesperson Claudio Mostacci says she had followed a home recipe to make some pesticides, mixing several household cleaners and inadvertently created toxic chlorine gas.
The Hamilton fire hazmat unit had to be called in to deal with the deadly chemical mixture.
They had to wear protective gear and breathing apparatus before going inside the townhouse to put the mixture into proper containers to dispose of it.