A pair of Dundas residents have been recognized for saving the life of a city waste collector.
Chantal Chervet and Jim Lamont were presented with certificates of appreciation during the latest meeting of Hamilton City Council.
They are credited with saving the life of Bill McKay who couldn’t breathe and lost consciousness after a bee flew into his throat and stung him while he was working his route on Governor’s Road on September.10th.
Jim called 9-1-1, while Chantal started CPR.
Mayor Fred Eisenberger says paramedics have said that if not for the “aggressive help and assistance they might have lost the life”.
Chantal, perhaps ironically, had taken the CPR course through her employer just days before the incident.