Ontario Provincial Police have identified the driver charged in a deadly crash on Sunday night, just west of Kitchener.
A 29-year-old woman was pronounced dead in hospital after her vehicle was rear ended on Highway 7 near Wilmot Township. The mother’s two-month-old baby also in the vehicle, is in hospital with life threatening injuries.
Two others passengers suffered minor injuries. They are believed to be Dumitru’s husband and mother.
- Dangerous operation of a vehicle causing death
- Dangerous operation of a vehicle causing bodily harm
- Impaired driving causing death
- Two counts of impaired driving causing bodily harm
- Fail to provide a breath sample causing bodily harm
- Fail to submit to a drug evaluation
Darwish appeared in court on Monday for a bail hearing.
This past weekend was the first weekend of the annual R.I.D.E. program which promotes safety on the roads and discourages impaired driving through promotion. OPP say more than 100 drivers were charged with impaired offenses during the weekend campaign.