They didn't have much to begin with and then they lost all of it in a fire.
A fundraiser is being held for the victims of a downtown rooming house fire that killed one of their fellow tenants on February 20th.
24 year old Leo Aguilar died of smoke inhalation in the fire at the home on Cannon East near West Street.
The fire started in his bedroom and the suspected causes are careless smoking or a heater.
All of the victims are young and had no apartment insurance.
A fundraiser is being held March 23rd at the Cannon 205 Gallery and tickets are 15 dollars.