Despite a chunk of concrete that fell on Friday, the Charlton Avenue East underpass is safe.
That from City Roads Manager Darrell Smith.
He says the underpass at the Claremont Access is structurally sound after a 15-20 centimetre piece of finishing concrete fell on Friday evening.
The city has no reports of any damages or injuries.
A lane has been blocked off while other pieces, which Smith says are not structurally significant, are removed.
It was inspected last year and there were no major issues and its scheduled for maintenance work next year.