If you have "buckyballs" laying around the house and you have kids -- get rid of the toy.
That warning for parents from doctors at Mac Kids hospital after performing bowel surgery on a six year old from Oakville.
Megan Van Wyk swallowed 19 of the super strong magnets.
They are so strong that if even a couple are swallowed, they can find each other in the body and pull together, even
through organs and cause life-threatening gastrointestinal problems like a perforated bowel.
In Megan's case, the magnets had perforated her small intestine, causing ulcerations in the stomach and leaving two small holes in her bowel.
She is expected to go home either today or tomorrow.