Investigators looking into this month’s deadly fire in a rooming house in Hamilton say only one smoke detector in the home had working batteries.
The Fire Marshall says it looks like the other smoke detectors had the batteries removed.
Three people died in the fire on Grenfell Street on October 1.
The Fire Marshall’s office has already said the blaze started inside a back room of the home and there is nothing to suggest it was suspicious.
But, they say it will be several weeks before they’re able to release their findings.